If you guys have been following my blog, then you know I love to work with box cake, and Banana Split Cheesecake is no different. I wanted to make sure to capture all of the tastes in the traditional Banana Split recipe. Although the cheesecake is made completely from scratch the crust is made of Devils food box cake.
Let me tell you I completely nailed it, the banana in the cheesecake mix was absolutely amazing! With each bite, you got chocolate, pineapple, banana, strawberry and caramel.
I couldn’t believe how well this turned out. I was so nervous about the flavors not meshing well, but it was great.
I am not sure where this idea came from but it was so good. It tastes something like I would imagine glitter tastes if it were edible.
I took this into work and they loved it, I even let one of my customers try it. I will be making another Banana Split Cheesecake really soon, I am even brainstorming what other treats I could alter and change into a new treat.
Banana Split Cheesecake Recipe
1 box devils food cake
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 15.5 ounce crushed pineapple (drained)
3 8oz bars of cream cheese
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 t vanilla
3 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
1 c seedless strawberry ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a bowl mix 2 eggs, cooking oil and box cake and mix, it will look like cookie dough.
- Press into 13×19 inch pan and use a rolling pin to make as thin as possible. (see video)
- Spread pineapples in a thin layer on top of the cake mixture.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar, mix on medium speed.
- Add banana, mix then add eggs 1 at a time, mix on medium till smooth.
- Pour over pineapple.
- On top of the cheesecake mixture, sporadically add dollops of strawberry jam and swirl in.
- Bake for 45 mins or until center is almost set.