Cherry-Chocolate Volcano Cookies featuring a buttery chocolate and delicious maraschino cherry liquid where the lava would be.
Cherry-Chocolate Volcano Cookies
From by Pink
Serving size is actually 28
3/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained, divided
3 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, divided, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts
2 Tbsp. maraschino cherry liquid
- Reserve 7 cherries; chop remaining cherries. Melt 8 oz. chocolate as directed on package. Add 1/4 cup butter; stir until melted. Stir in sugar and eggs. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in nuts and chopped cherries. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto pachment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until cookies are soft to the touch but tops are still slightly shiny. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt remaining chocolate; mix with remaining butter and cherry liquid until blended.
- Quarter reserved whole cherries. Spread 1 tsp. chocolate glaze over each cookie; top with cherry piece.