Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini with Veggies
I am a huge fan of hiding veggies, and I did just that in this Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini with Veggies. My little one hates carrots and she didn’t even realize they were in there. She even went in for seconds. I found some boxed tortellini on sale at Kroger for only 99 cent a box, I bought 4…. Then had no idea what to do with it.
They sat and sat and sat some more in my pantry lol. Today I said to myself, self you need to do something with those boxes of tortellini. And Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini with Veggies was born. It is actually a very simple recipe and I can pretty much guarantee the kids will enjoy it.
- 16 oz dry tortellini
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (diced)
- 1 cup water
- ½ c mozzarella cheese
- ½ c grated parmesan
- 1 c chopped carrots (diced)
- 1 c chopped celery (diced)
- 1 c onions (diced)
- ½ c milk
- ½ c pasta sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, veggies and water to your pot.
- Place on lid, close valve and set for 10 mins manual, high
- When it beeps QR pressure and add in tortellini and stir
- Place lid back on and close valve and set for 7 mins high pressure
- When you hear the beep turn the pot off and allow to natural release for 5 mins then release remaining pressure
- Add milk, pasta sauce, and cheeses and stir in well