Homemade Doughnuts made with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
Tools: Pot or Pan to deep fry in Tongs Medium Bowl Shot glass or baby bottle
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Original Refrigerated Biscuits
- 2 cups Vegetable Cooking Oil
- 1 ½ Powdered Sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Water
- ½ Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Ground Cinnamon
- Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat in a deep fry pan. I use a smaller 4 court pan to preserve oil (the wider your pan, the more oil you will have to use to deep fry)
- Open your can of biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Take your shot glass or baby bottle and press the open end in down on the dough to cut out a hole in the middle, do this for all 8 biscuits, keep cut out middles to make doughnut holes.
- By the time you get done prepping your biscuits, your oil should be ready. To test drop one of the biscuit middles in the hot oil, if it bubbles it is ready for you to fill the oil. Do not over fill, you don’t want them to overlap.
- Let them cook for about 1 minute on each side (should be golden brown when you remove them from oil.