This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. #7UPUPGRADE #Contest
Instant Pot Creamy 7UP Chicken, Rice, and Veggies
If your’e a regular, then you know I love to cook, something you may not know is that I also like to entertain. However, I am not one of those people that’s about finger foods. I like for my guests to come hungry and leave full. This Instant Pot Creamy 7UP Chicken, Rice, and Veggies is definitely perfect for both entertaining and getting full.
Normally, when people think soda, they think of it as a beverage. That it is but you can also cook with it. Meats are amazing cooked with sodas. I do chicken and rice a lot in my house but wanted to put a little spin on it for my social nights with friends and family.
So of course, I broke out my day saver, the instant pot and checked what I had on hand. Chicken, broccoli, carrots and rice. Sounds amazing to me, I threw it all in, with some seasonings, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and trusty 7UP and in about 10 minutes we had this amazingly hearty Instant Pot Creamy 7UP Chicken, Rice, and Veggies. I love cooking in my Instant pot, its so easy, just basically dump, set the cook time and don’t even think about it.
I love when I make myself the hero without even trying… And you know what paired well with this meal? Cherry 7Up. It was the perfect combination to my social night.
Next time you are shopping and are wanting to try something a little different, replace the liquid in your recipe with 7UP. I guarantee you won’t be sorry. Your meats come out super moist and the flavor of 7UP is just right for cooking. Grab yours Hy-Vee, 7UP! They are also running a coupon right now, buy any TWO 6-pack 7.5 oz. cans or 8-pack 12 oz. bottles and get the third FREE (offer valid 2/12/17-3/11/17) here.
Currently, 7UP and Hy-Vee are having a Pinterest contest? If you are a foodie like me then you <3 Pinterest, and who doesn’t love a great contest. It’s so easy to enter and the winner will get a $1000 gift card to Hy-Vee, check out the contest details below.
- Pinterest Contest details
- You must be 21 years of age or older to enter
- Runs from 2/12/17 – 3/11/17 (bloggers are eligible for entry as well!)
- Open to residents of IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, SD, WI
- Create a Pin Board titled, “#MY7UPUPGRADE”
- Pin at least 10 inspirational images or articles that you’d like to use for your next social night. At least 5 of those pins must include 7UP in the image or article.
- All pins must include #MY7UPUPGRADE #Contest in the text
- Register your board at 7UP.com/Hy-Vee
- You’ll be entered to win a $1,000 Hy-Vee gift card to host your next social night!
- All qualified entrants will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on creativity and best aligning with the 7UP brand.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ c broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c 7UP
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Press the
sautebutton and add olive oil
- Put in your pieces of chicken to brown on one side about 3
- While waiting to brown add all your seasonings
- Flip chicken and allow to brown about 3
- Remove chicken and add 1 cup of broth and deglaze
- Add chicken back in and all other ingredients, reserving liquid for last (I added rice last, next time I will add it first
- Add all liquid
- Replace lid lock, close valve and set for manual high pressure for 10 minutes
- Allow to natural release for 15 minutes then manual release remaining pressure
- Give it a good stir and serve