LASAGNA BITES RECIPE
Sometimes when dealing with picky kids you have to try and make mealtime fun. For some reason, my kids don’t like to eat traditional lasagna, but I thought what the heck I’ll give this a shot. I changed 2 things (from my normal recipes). I eliminated the lasagna noodles, used wonton wrappers and I also used ground turkey instead of beef.
Had my kids know that this wasn’t beef. The would have never, ever touched. Yes, they are that picky. So I whipped this up and never told them. I did, however, have to almost force them to try it, and once they did they loved it.
My 5-year-old ate 4. My dad and brothers and my Grammie were also here and they loved it also. I just kept hearing how good it was.
I’m not exactly sure why the kids liked it this way better, it was a huge hit none the less.
This recipe is something that will definitely be added to our normal recipe rotation, you can never have too much variety and I love that I have found something else the kids will eat.
To make the sauce in your Instant Pot go here.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pound Jenny-O ground Italian Style Turkey
- 1½, 8 oz jars of your choice pasta sauce (I like Ragu)
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- (not pictured) Cooking spray, 1 tbs of dried basil and salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Brown ground turkey over medium heat. When it is done add 1 jar of pasta sauce to it and set aside. Or use your Instant Pot. Link above for how to.
- Mix ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and garlic powder to the cup of cottage cheese.
- Place 2 squares in the bottom of your muffin pan, stagger so the ends do not meet.
- Open the other jar of pasta sauce and spoon in enough to cover your wanton bottom, spoon in about a tablespoon of cottage cheese mixture, then a tablespoon of ground turkey, and a tablespoon of cheese, and repeat till you get to the top. always end with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese melts and the edges of the wonton wrappers are brown. Sprinkle on a little basil right out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to carefully loosen the bites and remove from the pan. And enjoy, now you have a new way to make Lasagna.