Mini Instant Pot Taco Pie Recipe, Inspired By Ariy-Mae
Instant Pot Taco Pie is the Absolute favorite meal of little miss Ariy-Mae. And honestly, it has been the best thing I have ever written for my blog. After 8 months it is still my most popular recipe.
The other day I let her choose what we would have for dinner as if I didn’t know she would choose Taco Pie. Funny story about Taco Pie is, it is a dish I have been making for years and when I got my Instant Pot I was like, you know I bet this could work, and boy did it!
So we are in the bread aisle at Walmart, and she spots the street taco shells, and she said: “Mommy, you could make baby Taco Pies and everyone can have their own.” I said, Mini Instant Pot Taco Pies are brilliant! We grabbed those shells and the rest of our ingredients and came home to cook.
I already had mini springform pans that I am not really sure what I bought them for. But was super excited that I now get to use them! I got these over here at Amazon. They will come in great the next time I want to make this Mini Instant Pot Taco Pie, or any other single serve dish for that matter.
And if you don’t know what you are looking for as far as the over here at Amazon, you will need at least 2.
Mini Instant Pot Taco Pie Recipe
Anywhoo, you can fit 4 at a time in your Instant Pot so I got myself 2 sets.
Once you remove the Mini Instant Pot Taco Pie from the spring form pan they kind of look like little cheeseburgers. Which gave me an idea for a recipe for later, so stay tuned.
I love cheese so these Mini Instant Pot Taco Pies have a lot, you can cut the amount of cheese in half if you choose. This recipe made 8 Mini Instant Pot Taco Pies, I could only eat half of one but the 7 year old was able to eat an entire pie!
- 2 packages of street taco tortillas (see post) cut to fit your
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2.5 cups Mexican style cheese
- 1 can refried beans (you may not use it all)
- 2 package taco seasoning
- Your favorite taco toppings
- Prepare beef according to taco season packages.
- Lay 1 tortilla into the bottom of each springform pan.
- Cover each with a thin layer of beans,
- Sprinkle each with a layer of cheese.
- Add tortilla to each.
- Top each with more beans, beef, and cheese.
- Repeat until you have used all ingredients.
- Note: You should be able to get at least 8 out of each
- In the pressure cooker place your trivet in the bottom of your pot and add 1c water, and cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes and Quick Release
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite toppings.