Uses for Vinegar
20 Great Household and Cleaning Uses For Vinegar – As a frugal living expert, I love that there are so many cleaning uses for inexpensive, natural products that save money without leaving chemicals in the air or around the home. There are lots of terrific cleaning uses for vinegar:
1. Heat white vinegar, then pour 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda down the drain and follow with the heated vinegar…great for de-greasing and unclogging the drain!
2. Spritz white vinegar on mirrors and clean with tissue paper for a streak-free shine without having to use ammonia-based cleaners.
3. Vinegar is great for polishing silver.
4. Make a scrubbing paste for sinks and countertops by mixing baking sodawith white vinegar.
5. Tarnished jewlery or other silver-tone items? Bring the shine back and remove tarnish with white vinegar.
6. Replace your car’s windshield washer fluid with a 50/50 mixture of warm water and white vinegar.
7. Let 2 cups of vinegar sit in the toilet for a few hours before you clean the toilet; it will do most of the tough work for you and disinfect all at once.
8. Rid your home of the stinky garbage disposal smell – dump some white vinegar down to deodorize it.
9. Keep your dishwasher running in tip-top condition and eliminate soap residue by running it empty every few months with vinegar in the detergent compartment
10. Make the shelves of your refrigerator sparkling clean by wiping them down with a 50/50 mix of warm water and vinegar.
11. Loosen stuck-on food particles in the microwave by boiling 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of white vinegar in a microwave safe bowl.
12. Soak a papertowel in white vinegar than place into a cloudy glass for 20 minutes to remove mineral buildup.
13. Give your BBQ Grill a like-new scrub by pouring vinegar over the grates then using your grill scrubbing brush.
14. Wipe down the inside of your oven or any other greasy surface with white vinegar.
15. Wipe down the computer keyboard and monitor screen with a cloth damp with vinegar. This helps get rid of sticky fingerprints in a flash.
16. Easily clean mini blinds by dipping the end of a cotton rag in vinegar and wiping the top and bottom of the blinds down.
17. Wipe out stained plastic food storage containers with a cloth soaked in vinegar.
18. A 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and table salt makes a paste that is perfect for cleaning tarnished brass or pewter.
19. If you have a Keurig or similar single-cup coffee maker, run 2 cups of white vinegar through it monthly to keep mineral deposits from forming and help your coffee machine running great.
20. Disinfect the house after cold and flu season by wiping down doorknobs and faucets with a half water / half vinegar mixture.
Thanks Family Frugal Fun!