I love how easy this Santa Cam ornament is! It's such a fun project you can make with your cutting machine or without--and it makes a great Christmas ornament the kids will LOVE!
And don't feel like you can't make this project if you don't have a Cricut or Silhouette. Seriously, I wanted to make this easy enough that ANYONE could make this--because all kids deserve to have an "eye" on them for Christmas, if you know what I mean!
Santa Cam Ornament Paper Craft
My kids love doing that elf on the shelf thing every year, but I always run out of ideas. And this Santa camera is so simple, I can put it up and then just say that the elf is looking at the footage of that or something--keeping those kids on their toes!
In all seriousness, though, you could make a camera ornament for each kid or send put them on presents as a gift tag. There are so many possibilities with this craft, it's really that fun.
What You Need to Make a Santa Cam Ornament Paper Craft
- Whether or not you want to use your cutting machine, you're going to need Red Cardstock
- If you're not using the cutting machine, you'll need a hole punch
- If using the Cricut you will also need:
How to Make Santa Cam Ornament Paper Craft
So, it doesn't matter if you're making this Santa Cam with the Cricut or if you're making it by hand, you're going to need to download the files, unzip them and get your supplies ready.
Then, if you're NOT using a cutting machine, you can just print the files on red card stock, get a hole punch and pop a hole in it.
If you're using the Cricut, here's where the fun happens.
- Load the Santa cam cut file into Cricut Design Space, cut the piece out and weed them.
- Then, using the transfer tape, put it over your weeded vinyl and remove the paper backing from the words first.
- Pop the vinyl onto your paper tag and repeat it for the lens.
Once all this is done for either method, just slip a ribbon through the hole and make a slipknot, then put this on a gift or on your Christmas tree!
What Can You Do With the Santa Cam Ornament?
There are so many ideas! I seriously love this thing. Here are some of the ideas I've had to DO with my Santa Cam ornament:
- Put the ornament on the Christmas tree (obviously)
- Stick it on some of the kids' gifts (because hahahahaha)
- Put this with a gift card and some candies in a mason jar for the kiddo's teacher gift this year (what?! yes!)
- Add these to our rotation of Elf on the Shelf ideas
What Do You Tell the Kids About this Santa Camera Ornament?
I tell the kids that the camera is a magical TV camera that watches the kids all the time. That Santa has a whole room of monitors and the elves take shifts watching to make sure, in the last little bit before Christmas, that the kids aren't sneaking peeks at their presents or otherwise being naughty little--hmmm...
So, that works pretty good, and the kids really love it. It's so funny--I've even seen them pose for the camera sometimes.
If you love this fun Santa Cam Christmas Ornament, be sure to pin it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest, so you can find it again super fast when you need another one.
More Fun Christmas Ideas You Have to Check Out
Grab the free Santa cam SVG
Get the free Santa cam PDF
Plus each download comes with the free Santa Letter.
Hi. Where can I find the free svg file for the paper cam ornaments & letter from Santa? Thanks so much
The Free SVG is located in the post above the instructions.