Using Inkscape To Convert an Image to SVG
When I first started trying to Convert an Image to SVG, I seemed to have a really hard time finding a tutorial that made sense to me. Being a visual person it was hard to watch a video and get it.
I hope this video will help with the basics of learning how to Convert an Image to SVG.
Along with this video, I have added here step by step how to do this.
To Convert an Image to SVG
Don't Leave Today Without Checking Out All The Amazing SVGs Available Click Here
- Join my group here 🙂 (entirely optional, but you don’t want to miss out on any greatness.
- Go here and download and install Inkscape
- Find your image
- Open Inkscape
- Go to file
- Click open
- Then select your image
- In Inkscape click the image to select it
- Go to path
- click trace bitmap
- Select colors, then remove background and adjust scans (I select double the number of colors there)
- Click update
- Move the bitmap copy and delete original
- Go back to file click save as
- Give it a name and save
- Then load into Design Space
Now you have created your first SVG. I will do another tutorial on getting rid of layers you don’t need. Contouring, welding and slicing the image. Today’s tut was meant to give you the basics.
Drop me a line below and tell me what you think of this video and what else you would like to learn.