Copycat TGI Fridays Mashed Potatoes in The Instant Pot
Today I had every intention on just sitting here on the couch, finding something to binge watch and doing absolutely nothing, like I didn’t want to have to put on a bra today, type of nothing.
Then, all the sudden I had this awesome craving for TGI Fridays Mashed Potatoes. Howwwwwever, I did not want to go to the restaurant, nor pay the price for one serving when I could make 6 to 8 servings myself for probably the same amount.
So guess what people, I put on a bra, and headed off to the store in preparation to make Copycat TGI Fridays Mashed Potatoes in The Instant Pot.
I went to Walmart because I also needed keys made. You would think 2 teenagers could keep up with their house key, but nope they needed a new one.
Most of the ingredients I already had on hand. I did need more heavy cream, I like to put it in my coffee, and I rarely buy potatoes, let alone red potatoes so I needed those.
Once I got everything I needed, I headed home and pulled out my magic machine, you know the Instant Pot.
These Copycat TGI Fridays Mashed Potatoes in The Instant Pot, in my opinion turned out better than the restaurant version. Trust me you will want to stay tuned, there is lots more where this one came from. Make sure you are following me on Facebook and check out our awesome group Instant Pot Recipes and Talk and Sous Vide.
By the way, I finally caved and bought a Sous Vide Cooker. I got the Anova Culinary Bluetooth Precision Cooker, I can not wait! Thanks for reading!
- 2 Lbs red potatoes washed and unpeeled cut into chunks
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ Cup heavy cream
- 8 ozs white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, and chicken broth
- Press manual high pressure for 8 minutes
- When you hear the beep, turn off and QR
- Drain liquid, reserving the liquid for use later
- Set potatoes aside
saute, add butter, parsley, and garlic
- Saute just until garlic is soften
- Turn off saute
- Add potatoes back to the pot
- Add heavy cream and ¼ cup of the reserved liquid
- Mash potatoes adding more liquid until you reach the desired consistency
- Stir in cheese and serve