Instant Pot Crack Chicken with Broccoli and Carrots
When I say the Instant Pot has been a total life changer, I mean it. I work a full time job and I have 3 kids, cooking was kind of a chore. It took forever.
I hear all the time, why do I need a pressure cooker when I have a slow cooker, well why cook slow when you can cut your cooking time tremendously!
To date I have cooked so many things in my Instant Pot pressure cooker, most of which you can find right here on my blog. I now love cooking and the kids love that they don’t have to have a “free for all” dinner night when I cook.
- 1½ pound chicken breast
- 5 slices crispy cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1½ cups fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tbs. Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken or bone broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of your inner pot (mine was frozen, works the same with fresh)
- Add cream cheese
- Sprinkle on ranch seasoning
- Add rice, then broth, and add the veggies lastly.
- Put in and lock lid and close valve. Press manual and cook on high pressure for 12 mins
- Allow to natural release for 10 minutes then QR remaining pressure
- Remove chicken and shred and put back in pot and stir
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with cheese and bacon crumbles