Instant Pot Meal Prep, Make Ahead Steel Cut Oatmeal
I am always attempting to eat healthier and eat less out. Yesterday I did some breakfast prep I made these Instant Pot Meal Prep, Make Ahead Steel Cut Oatmeal, Low Carb Instant Pot Spinach, Tomato and Feta Egg Cups and Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs,
With just some fruit and oats I had a wonderful and filling breakfast prepared for a week. And they tasted really good. I hear people having trouble with steel cut oats all the time, these came out perfect. Just make sure to wait till the contents settle before you open the jar after cooking.
I used pint jars for this meal prep, the serving size is about 12 ounces. You can get the pint jars here. I would love to hear about your fruit combinations and see pics of your end results. You can post them here along with photos and links of any other recipes you have tried.
- 1/4 c steel cut oats
- 1/2 c fruit
- your choice sweetener to taste
- heavy cream to taste (optional)
- Put oats in the bottom of the jar.
- Add fruit
- Fill with water about an inch above oats and fruit and tightly, but not too tightly put on the lid
- Put 1 cup of water into your pot, add trivet
- Place jars in, you can fit 4
- Place on the lid and cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes
- When it beeps allow a natural release for 10 minutes then release remaining pressure
- Remove jars from the pot and place on a cooling rack
- DO NOT attempt to open until contents have settled, see video above, contents will be boiling inside the mason jar
- You can either eat them right away, or allow to cool to room temp and store in the fridge for up to a week
- To reheat, remove lid add about 3 tablespoons of water and microwave for about a minute and a half, add sweetener and cream and enjoy
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!