Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Roll Recipe
The Oreo Ice Cream Roll was trending on Facebook the other day, I mean I was seeing it like every other status. Immediately I said to myself, “self, you can do that” so I ventured off to make my own Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Roll Recipe.
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Roll
I don’t think it went too bad at all for my first time trying, and just from a visual. The one thing I would do differently is I wouldn’t use the ninja to crush the Oreos that Actually go into the ice cream. The blender made them a little too fine for inside, but perfect for the outside. Check out the recipe below and also there is an unboxing video included also. My recipe makes 2 logs and you can also mix it up with your favorite flavors of ice cream or other cookies..
Get more great dessert recipes right over here.
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Half Gallon Container of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blend 15 cookies, finely.
- Put the other 15 Cookies in a baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
Put container of ice cream in the blender to soften, or leave sit out for about 15 minutes. You want it soft enough to stir easily.
- Add crushed Oreos and stir together.
- Ice cream will be very soft, put on wax paper and do your best to start forming your log.
- Put it in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes, until very firm to the touch.
- Remove from freezer, remove wax paper and with a new sheet of wax paper repeat the rolling process, this time will be a lot easier.
- Return to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pour crushed Oreos onto a large sheet of wax paper and roll your log in the crushed Oreos.
- Press Oreos into areas that don’t seem to want to stick.
- Wrap tightly in wax paper and return to freezer for another 15 to 20 minutes until firm again,
- Serve immediately after taking from the freezer