Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Roll Recipe
The Oreo Ice Cream Roll was trending on Facebook the other day, I mean I was seeing it like every other status. Immediately I said to myself, “self, you can do that” so I ventured off to make my own Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Roll Recipe.
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Roll
I don’t think it went too bad at all for my first time trying, and just from a visual. The one thing I would do differently is I wouldn’t use the ninja to crush the Oreos that Actually go into the ice cream. The blender made them a little too fine for inside, but perfect for the outside. Check out the recipe below and also there is an unboxing video included also. My recipe makes 2 logs and you can also mix it up with your favorite flavors of ice cream or other cookies..
Get more great dessert recipes right over here.
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Half Gallon Container of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blend 15 cookies, finely.
- Put the other 15 Cookies in a baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
Put container of ice cream in the blender to soften, or leave sit out for about 15 minutes. You want it soft enough to stir easily.
- Add crushed Oreos and stir together.
- Ice cream will be very soft, put on wax paper and do your best to start forming your log.
- Put it in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes, until very firm to the touch.
- Remove from freezer, remove wax paper and with a new sheet of wax paper repeat the rolling process, this time will be a lot easier.
- Return to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pour crushed Oreos onto a large sheet of wax paper and roll your log in the crushed Oreos.
- Press Oreos into areas that don’t seem to want to stick.
- Wrap tightly in wax paper and return to freezer for another 15 to 20 minutes until firm again,
- Serve immediately after taking from the freezer
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!