This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Are you looking for something unique to serve for The Big Game? These Instant Pot Italian Chicken Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are the perfect solution for your game day needs.
These Instant Pot Italian Chicken Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are made with RAGÚ® Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce. Because who said pasta sauce has to be used for pasta only.
Ragu pasta sauces are made with farm-grown ingredients, vine ripened tomatoes and fragrant herbs, they have also been around since 1937, now that’s a sauce you can trust.
Although I used the RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce you could also use, RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce, RAGÚ Homestyle Cheese Pasta Sauce or RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce and because it’s the like homemade taste of Ragu it will taste equally, as amazing.
These Instant Pot Italian Chicken Stuffed Cabbage Rolls turned out great. They are the perfect size for your tailgating or home gaming parties, plus they reheat very well. The Ragu sauce made an amazing finish to this already amazing recipe. They were full of flavor and as always, the kids loved them. They are small enough to serve as an appetizer but also filling enough to serve for dinner, making them a great idea to serve for the big game.
For something almost entirely as a made up idea in my head, these turned out amazing and although the serving size for some may be more for some, I was satisfied after 1, making this a fairly low carb recipe.
The cabbage I got was huge so the roll ended up with about 3 layers of cabbage, towards the end of my rolling, I started cutting them in half so there was a little less cabbage. If I were to change anything, it would be smaller cabbage leaves.
All in all this was and is an amazing recipe, I haven’t tried it yet (I will very soon) but I think they would also be great to freeze as a part of meal prep. I am thinking I may also try some other variations of “non traditional” cabbage rolls incorporating Ragu sauce for all your #Ragutailgating events.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 jar of RAGU Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 1/4 c fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 c onion finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 16 oz Italian blend cheese
- 1 1/4 water
- Cut the core for the cabbage out
- Place core side down in a <g class="gr_ gr_96 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="96" data-gr-id="96">microwave safe</g> bowl and cook in the microwave for 12 minutes
- While waiting on the cabbage combine 1/2 of the cheese and all other ingredients except pasta sauce, cottage <g class="gr_ gr_94 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="94" data-gr-id="94">cheese and water and mix well with hands
- Remove cabbage when done
- Remove one leaf and add about 2tbs meat mixture and 1 tbs cottage cheese and roll into cabbage leaf and place into a springform pan
- If you have more than one layer of rolls, before starting the second layer sprinkle with cheese
- When all is rolled, sprinkle with remaining cheese and pour on sauce
- Add the water to the inner pot and lower in your pan into the inner pot
- Place on and lock lid and cook high pressure for 15 minutes and manual release
- If you have an extra jar of sauce you can add a little before serving
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!