Quick and Easy Instant Pot Berry Compote
So you made yogurt in your Instant Pot, or you’re at least thinking about it. So now you need something to top it with. Check out this recipe for my Quick and Easy Instant Pot Berry Compote, you can find it below.
Today I made some of the most amazing fruit compote I have ever tasted.
You’re wondering what compote is, well the word compote is French for “mixture” its origin is from mid-evil Europe, it’s a dessert made of whole pieces of fruit in sugar syrup.
Is your mouth watering yet, this recipe is super simple and you can use any of your favorite berries.
- 1 lb berries
- ½ cup sugar or Splenda
- 2 Tbs whey (I used some that was left from my vanilla yogurt)
- Put fruit in your inner pot and sprinkle on sugar.
- Let it sit for 10 mins
- Add liquid whey
- Put on lid, lock and close valve
- Set for 5 minutes, high pressure
- When it beeps, allow it to NR for 10 mins then QR the pressure left
- Transfer to a clean container and allow to cool to room temp, cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks