Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Recipe
When I was informed that I was on of the contestants in the Buds Best Cookie contest I was pretty excited. I love a good challenge. I figured I would do a Valentine’s Day recipe seeings how it’s coming up fast, but what would I make? Buds Best Cookies had sent me the cookies, but what would I create with it?
I definitely wanted to be different in the creation of my recipe. So I took to my cupboards to see what else I had. I noticed I had some Red Velvet brownies, and boom, I came to me. I decided to make a Best Buds cookie cheesecake with the Red Velvet brownie base. I also decided I wanted to make these heart shaped, so I headed to the craft store and found this cute Wiltons mini cake pan at JoAnne Fabric (get yours here). I didn’t decide to call them Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Brownies until they were done and I bit into one while it was still warm.
Oh man! It was so good, it just melted in my mouth! It tasted like what I would imagine glitter would taste like if it were edible, Yes it was that good!
I made the cheesecake from scratch and added Best Buds Cookies for the cookies and cream part, and garnished with a strawberry and a cookie after using the brownie icing to drizzle over the brownies. These turned out way more amazing than I would have ever thought. I was a little nervous at first about the baking time, but they turned out perfect and tasted delicious. The kids absolutely loved them.
I mean just look at how perfect these turned out. This may have turned into a Valentine’s Day treat, but it is delicious enough to enjoy anytime. Serve warm with ice-cream. This Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Brownies Recipe would also be a great party food. You can get the recipe below.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet brownie mix.
- 1/3 c water
- 1/3 c melted margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c bite size Caco Chocolate cookies chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325
- In a bowl mix water, margarine, 1 egg and brownie mix till smooth
- Set aside
- In a separate bowl mix till smooth, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
- Add cookies and stir well
- Fill half of each cup with the cream cheese mixture and fill the remainder of the cup with brownie mix
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing