Show Some Love!
Sun-dried Tomato Focaccia Bread Recipe!
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 20 small pearl onions, peeled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, to put into the dough
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, to place on top of the focaccia
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together yeast, warm water, and honey. Let rest until yeast blooms and bubbles form on top, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, 1/4 cup of finely chopped sundried tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead until dough is smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and let rest in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove dough from bowl break into 4 pieces and press forming 4 round pieces into a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Using your finger, poke deep holes all over the dough. Drizzle the dough with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Let rest until the dough becomes puffy, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add pearl onions, cover and cook until the onions are transparent and cooked through.
- Divide the onions onto each of the focaccia pieces, sprinkle the parmesan cheese, and salt. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes then add sun-dried tomatoes. The tomatoes will burn quickly so we only want to add them for the last 5 minutes.
- Return to the oven and continue baking until the focaccia is golden brown, about another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack.
Show Some Love!