Do you want to build a snowman? Stay inside where it is warm and toasty and make these adorable marshmallow snowman treats. Kids will have a blast helping decorate and making their own little snowmen that they can nibble on later. A perfect winter treat for kids to help pass the time on the chilly days. Grab a cup of hot chocolate and serve a tasty treat up after naptime!
Winter is coming quick, did you in less than a month Thanksgiving is here, and then in a blink of the eye Christmas? It is seriously flying by so fast. I can barely hang on! I wanted to create these really adorable and fun Christmas marshmallow snowman treats that you can make with your kiddos over the winter months. Maybe on a snow day stay inside and teach them how to make these easy kid no-bake treats.
Do You Want To Build A Snowman
Or if you are in charge of hosting your child's school party or looking for treats for your next play date, these are a huge hit. What I did for my girl was lay out all the supplies, and walk her through how to make one and let her handle the rest. She made one for each classmate at school and it was a fun treat. We wrapped them in plastic wrap decorative paper and tied a ribbon on them. It really dressed up the treats even more.
Since we are talking about snow here a little, I wanted to share some fun facts about snow that as you are making these treats, you could share some facts with your kids. I find it a great way to really allow them to put on their thinking cap and learn while they enjoy a fun treat that reminds them of winter.
- In 1922 Syracuse New York tried to make any snow before Christmas Eve illegal. Not surprisingly Mother Nature didn't really listen and let it snow anyway!
- In 1988 a scientist did prove that there is such a thing as two snowflakes looking alike. So the no two snowflakes looking alike is a total myth. You just really got to look at all the snow, and maybe one day you might too find two that match.
- Snow is actually translucent in color but our eyes view it as colors. Most often we see white, but in the really deep snow we might look and see a blue-ish color instead.
- The most snow to fall in a single 24-hour period was 75.8 inches. Could you imagine that amount of snow all at once? Outrageous.
- Nova Scotia holds the record for the most snowmen in the snow at once, of a total of 130!
So as you can see these snowman treats are simple to make, tasty to devour, and easy for kids to grab the supplies and help. A very easy and fun holiday inspired no-bake dessert that you can make in a hurry! Give them a try and let me know what you think. We are about to go make a whole new batch of these for us to enjoy with movie night tonight!
More great Christmas treats!