What is better than homemade brownies? Christmas Tree brownies of course! Christmas is coming up fast, and if you are looking for that perfect holiday treat, these Christmas Trees brownies are it! Kids and adults will love the homemade brownie topped with sweet frosting and sprinkles!
Easy Christmas Tree Brownies
Being a mom you always look for fun and creative ways to make food fun. Take a simple brownie and transform it into a tree, pumpkin or any other shape to upgrade the look and flavor. That is where I came up with these fun Christmas tree brownies.
My daughter had some friends over and wanted to bake a holiday treat. We grabbed some simple pantry supplies and created fun and festive trees! The girls and a blast decorating and I loved monitoring and spending time with them! These tree brownies turned out moist, chocolatey and so scrumptious!
Ways to Adapt The Christmas Tree Brownies
Here are a few ways you can change up the look of your Christmas Tree brownies if you don’t have all the supplies we do!
- Sprinkles | You can use any type of sprinkles! If you have bigger sprinkles you might place them on frosting like they are ornaments so it looks cleaner.
- Mini M&M’s | use these in replace to sprinkles for holiday lights on your tree. Just flip them over so the letters don’t show!
- Candy Cane | Instead of a pretzel use the straight end of candy cane to stick into your brownie as the base!
These brownie trees are meant to be fun and easy! So get creative and make one of a kind trees!
Brownie Christmas Trees
Now, I made a homemade brownie for my Christmas Tree Brownies, if you prefer to grab a box mix. It will still work I just recommend using a plain mix and skip the ones with nuts, caramel, etc.
I find homemade brownies are really easy to make and I love the homemade taste. These Christmas Tree Brownies you see below is one of my go-to’s because it is so easy and gives you that moist tender brownie.
Where to Take These Christmas Tree Brownies
- School Parties
- Bake Sales
- Holiday Parties
- Wrap up as gifts for loved ones
- After school snack
- And anywhere else you can think of!
Fun Facts About Christmas Trees
Here are a few fun facts about the Christmas tree you can share with your child as you make these yummy brownies!
- In Germany, they would hand smaller trees from the ceiling and decorate. One to keep little kids from taking ornaments off and it makes it appear more extravagant for poor families.
- In 1851 the first Christmas tree market came about. In New York, they created a market to sell Christmas trees and they sold out so fast and then it became a trend!
- The tree was meant to hold the gifts in between the branches in earlier years. You would find small trinkets, candy and so on. Now we put gifts under the tree.
- Rockerfellas big tree used to be in Madison Square Garden instead! In 1933 is when they finally moved it to Rockerfella instead!
And if you are looking for some more Christmass recipes, check these out!
What is better than homemade brownies? Christmas Tree brownies of course! Christmas is coming up fast, and if you are looking for that perfect holiday treat, these Christmas Trees brownies are it!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Slowly fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently lift the brownies from the baking dish and use the triangle cookie cutter to carefully cut the brownies as close as possible and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently insert a pretzel stick into the base of each Christmas tree.
- Attach the Petal tip to the icing pouch and gently squeeze the icing from the pouch in a back and forth motion going from the top of the brownie to the bottom.
- Add a star sprinkle on top and multi-colored sprinkles to the tree.
- Repeat with all Christmas Tree brownies.
- *Makes approximately 6-8 Christmas Tree Brownies