Double Chocolate Cake recipe
Prep Time: 15min.
Total Time: 4hr. 15min.
Servings: 16 servings
What You Need
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-½ pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (6 oz.), chopped
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Mix dry cake and pudding mixes in large bowl with whisk until blended. Add next 4 ingredients; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate. Pour into slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray; cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 3-½ hours) or until top surface of cake has no wet spots and cake begins to pull away from side of slow cooker.
- Serve warm topped with COOL WHIP.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Slow Cooker Tip
This recipe works best in a round slow cooker between 4 and 5 qt. If your slow cooker is larger than this, line the empty slow cooker with heavy-duty foil sprayed with cooking spray before using as directed. This helps prevent the edges of the cake from overcooking.
For best results, use a whisk to mix the cake batter since an electric mixer will produce a cake with a tough texture.
What's On Your Mind