Lasagna Bites Recipe
LASAGNA BITES RECIPE
Sometimes when dealing with picky kids you have to try and make mealtime fun. For some reason, my kids don’t like to eat traditional lasagna, but I thought what the heck I’ll give this a shot. I changed 2 things (from my normal recipes). I eliminated the lasagna noodles, used wonton wrappers and I also used ground turkey instead of beef.
Had my kids know that this wasn’t beef. The would have never, ever touched. Yes, they are that picky. So I whipped this up and never told them. I did, however, have to almost force them to try it, and once they did they loved it.
My 5-year-old ate 4. My dad and brothers and my Grammie were also here and they loved it also. I just kept hearing how good it was.
I’m not exactly sure why the kids liked it this way better, it was a huge hit none the less.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pound Jenny-O ground Italian Style Turkey
- 1 1/2, 8 oz jars of your choice pasta sauce I like Ragu
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- not pictured Cooking spray, 1 tbs of dried basil and salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Brown ground turkey over medium heat. When it is done add 1 jar of pasta sauce to it and set aside. Or use your Instant Pot. Link above for how to.
- Mix 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and garlic powder to the cup of cottage cheese.
- Place 2 squares in the bottom of your muffin pan, stagger so the ends do not meet.
- Open the other jar of pasta sauce and spoon in enough to cover your wanton bottom, spoon in about a tablespoon of cottage cheese mixture, then a tablespoon of ground turkey, and a tablespoon of cheese, and repeat till you get to the top. always end with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese melts and the edges of the wonton wrappers are brown. Sprinkle on a little basil right out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to carefully loosen the bites and remove from the pan. And enjoy, now you have a new way to make Lasagna.