Transform that regular cup of hot chocolate into a Disney Wonderland with this Disney’s Frozen White Hot Chocolate Recipe. A homemade white hot chocolate recipe that is creamy, rich, and inspired by Elsa from Frozen! 4 basic pantry items are needed for this decadent hot cocoa recipe.
Frozen was a movie that was on repeat at our home, for MONTHS! Let me tell you I Let it Go a gazillion times but this movie kept popping up on our screen. One night I thought to surprise my daughter with a cup of white hot chocolate. As I was making it, I thought toss some blue food coloring in to mimic the Frozen theme. When I took it out there, her eyes lit up and it was like Elsa had made her this white hot chocolate herself. I totally consider this a mom win!
Quick and Easy Disney’s Frozen White Hot Chocolate Recipe
I made this recipe inspired by Elsa from frozen, and I think even Elsa would love it! You have a white chocolate hot chocolate recipe. With white chocolate chips and half and half. These two ingredients give you that rich and creamy cocoa with the perfect amount of sweetness. Add in some blue food coloring and top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Now I did put colored sugar around the rim of the glass. I felt it gave this hot chocolate that frozen and icy feel that Elsa showcases once she runs away from the castle. Plus who doesn’t love nibbling on a little sugar?!
4 Ingredient White Hot Chocolate Recipe
One thing I will add is the quality of chocolate. Because minimal ingredients are used, buying a quality white chocolate is key. Guittard or Ghirardelli are good brands and there are other white chocolate brands to consider. In 2009 Guittard won for the best high-quality white chocolate. Quality chocolate will give you a more rich and smooth taste. I don’t skimp on cheap white chocolate for hot chocolate, I found it won’t taste near as good.
Another thing with this recipe is to remember don’t bring it to a boil. Allow it to stay at that lower heat, boiling will ruin the creamy and smooth texture. Serve it right away once done for the best flavor and texture. You can even add in other flavors like mint, vanilla or even raspberry extract to give it a new element of flavor. A straightforward recipe that couldn’t get any easier. Versatile to top it off so you get that cozy mug full of your perfect white hot chocolate recipe!
Fun Facts About Disney’s Frozen Movie
Since this is a Disney inspired cocoa, let me share some fun Facts about the movie Frozen below!
- Did you know that 600 people worked on this animated film, and it took over 2 ½ years?
- The animator would watch her children wake up and other actions to give the characters on Frozen as close to real motions as they could.
- Once Let It Go was picked for the theme they decided Elsa would be good instead of Evil based on the lyrics of the song.
- Originally Elsa was going to be evil with a blue face and spiky hair! Man I am glad they changed!
- The crew traveled to Wyoming for a few days to play in real snow and see how the costumes moved against the snow and elements.
- Do you want to build a snowman song barely made the cut! This catchy tune was almost non-existent!
More Great Recipes!
- 2 cups milk or half n half
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops blue food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar for rims of glasses
In a saucepan place milk or half n half on a low heat.
Add in white chocolate chips.
Stir until chocolate is melted. let simmer about 10 minutes.
Do not let it come to a boil. Add in 2-3 blue food coloring drops.
In a small bowl add 1/4 cup sugar and 2-3 blue food coloring drops mix.
Place rims of glasses in the sugar.
Pour hot chocolate into the cups.
Top with cool whip if desired.