Gluten Free Southwest Chipotle Sweet Potato Veggie Burger Recipe
Gluten Free Southwest Chipotle Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
I had never in my life eaten a veggie burger, let alone made one, but for some reason today, I had a hankering to both try it out and make it from scratch.
The entire time this was in the frying pay, I was thinking please don’t taste like salmon patties (because that’s what they looked like to me lol)
I amazed myself with this one, it was extremely good and I will definitely be trying out some other variations. so you can easily find it, and if you try out my recipe, make sure to come back and tell me what you think.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Cauliflower
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Panko
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Southwest Chipotle Season
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Green Onion
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- Microwave the sweet potatoes for 10 mins, or until softened.
- In a food processor, chop the mushrooms, cauliflower (keep separate, and green peppers.
- With a knife finely chop the green peppers.
- When potatoes are done, remove the skin, be very careful they will be really hot.
- Place cauliflower in the microwave with 1/4 cup of water for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, put in the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix sweet potatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, green peppers, panko, 2 eggs, beans, garlic and all your dry seasonings, stir well.
- Roll mixture in your hands to make a ball and then flatten into a patty.
- Put in hot skillet and cook till brown, about 5 to 7 minutes each side.
- Remove and garnish however you like.