We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This one-pot wonder can be made in your slow cooker, it is honey mustard chicken and veggies. This dish is not only savory but a complete meal all in itself. Even the pickiest of eaters will be asking for seconds with this savory and hearty dinner dish. Honey mustard chicken and veggies in the slow cooker is not only easy but will quickly become a family favorite. Slow simmered to epic perfection just waiting to greet you when you arrive home after a long day.
One thing I find comfort in on busy work weeks is meal planning and using my slow cooker and Instant Pot for as many meals as possible. It helps eliminate some stress out of my day because I don’t come home and stare into the fridge or pantry thinking whats for supper. I took care of it earlier in the day, so I don’t have to waste time thinking.
The sauce to this honey mustard chicken with potatoes and carrots really makes this dish magical. Everything the sauce touches turns into gold, it just is everything. Even those who aren’t the biggest fan of veggies will be more eager to eat them because the sauce adds so much flavor you will want to get some bread to soak up all the goodness! Trust me you guys, it is a dynamite recipe.
Honey Mustard Chicken And Veggies In The Slow Cooker
One thing with this recipe is you can cook with whatever cut of chicken you would like. If you are cooking with bone-in chicken you will want a longer cook time than with boneless chicken. For bone-in chicken you want to cook for around 3-4 hours longer if on low and 1-2 hours more if on high. Just make sure to check that your chicken is no longer pink in the center and it reaches optimal temperature.
The other thing with this recipe is you can change out the vegetables. If you like green beans you can replace the carrots. Just try and think which vegetables you feel would fit well with the honey mustard flavor. A lot of times I will change out vegetables depending on what I have on hand. Our family really likes carrots and potatoes and I feel it is a great combination paired with the tender chicken and sauce. I love a good honey mustard chicken and the vegetables are added bonuses.
- I know that getting meals to your dinner table can be a chore at times. I find that sitting down and creating a meal plan that works for me and my family for meals we like and also have minimal prep work are great for us. Here are some things I do to create a meal plan that sets me up for success.
- To save money I always plan my meals around what protein and groceries are on sale for the week. If they have a roast on sale, I have a handful of favorite recipes I can pick from to create. Then pick side dishes that are cheap or have items that are also on sale.
- Remember that there will be a day or two that you might have leftover, so factor that in. Maybe you cook Monday and Tuesday and then make Wednesday leftover night, so you can get all the leftovers ate up.
- Find meals that use your slow cooker or even Instant Pot to help take out time spent in the kitchen. I love this aspect because it doesn’t make cooking feel as much as a chore.
- Lastly, when I can, I create a second dish that I can toss in the freezer for later down the line. This allows me to create a stockpile in our freezer for those nights I absolutely don’t have the time or the drive to cook. I can pull out a meal and toss it in the oven, and we don’t have to eat out!
Check these out too!