Instant Pot Crack Chicken with Broccoli and Carrots
When I say the Instant Pot has been a total life changer, I mean it. I work a full time job and I have 3 kids, cooking was kind of a chore. It took forever. Not with the Instant Pot, this Instant Pot Crack Chicken with Broccoli and Carrots only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. And clean up was a breeze.
I hear all the time, why do I need a pressure cooker when I have a slow cooker, well why cook slow when you can cut your cooking time tremendously!
To date I have cooked so many things in my Instant Pot pressure cooker, most of which you can find right here on my blog. I now love cooking and the kids love that they don’t have to have a “free for all” dinner night when I cook.
This is a really simple recipe, and it uses my Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning in stead of store bought, which probably had MSG and tons of other stuff that’s not real good for you.
- 1½ pound chicken breast
- 5 slices crispy cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1½ cups fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tbs. Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken or bone broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of your inner pot (mine was frozen, works the same with fresh)
- Add cream cheese
- Sprinkle on ranch seasoning
- Add rice, then broth, and add the veggies lastly.
- Put in and lock lid and close valve. Press manual and cook on high pressure for 12 mins
- Allow to natural release for 10 minutes then QR remaining pressure
- Remove chicken and shred and put back in pot and stir
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with cheese and bacon crumbles