Cherry-Chocolate Volcano Cookies featuring a buttery chocolate and delicious maraschino cherry liquid where the lava would be.
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries drained, divided
- 3 pkg. 4 oz. each BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter divided, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. maraschino cherry liquid
- Reserve 7 cherries; chop remaining cherries. Melt 8 oz. chocolate as directed on package. Add 1/4 cup butter; stir until melted. Stir in sugar and eggs. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in nuts and chopped cherries. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until cookies are soft to the touch but tops are still slightly shiny. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt remaining chocolate; mix with remaining butter and cherry liquid until blended.
- Quarter reserved whole cherries. Spread 1 tsp. chocolate glaze over each cookie; top with cherry piece.
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!