I have totally been looking around the house looking at things, like what can I make with this... Which is how this Vanity Tray set with ring dish that I made using Cricut Vinyl and Epoxy came about.
DIY Vanity Tray and Ring Dish Using Cricut Vinyl and Epoxy
Well, the problem is I am a lightweight hoarder and I can't throw things out smh, so I have a box full of things, well crap that I hold on to until I find a use for them.
I looked at these trays and instantly thought Cricut project! And the vanity tray was born!
You can use these trays to store jewelry on, as a bathroom vanity to store bathroom accessories on one or as a cosmetic organizer.
You don't need a ton of supplies either, all you need to make this vanity tray is :
- Cricut Machine
- Glitter (optional)
- Adhesive Craft Vinyl
- Serving Trays
- Weeding tool
- Dipping Dishes
- Transfer Tape
The reason I used the epoxy was so that the vinyl could not be easily removed. I wanted to seal in so that it wouldn't and couldn't be pulled up. I also made a matching ring dish. The same way.
For this Cricut project, I didn't use my vinyl rolls, because I only needed a little bit I used vinyl sheets. I like to buy online when I'm not using the stuff in my box of goodies.
- This would make a great gift for an engagement ring. The steps in this vanity tray and ring dish set are super easy.
- Clean the tray or dish with alcohol to remove any oil or dust on the area you will be applying the vinyl to
- Create your design and resize so it fits (measure your trays)
- Cut the design you can use permanent or removable vinyl because you will be sealing it with epoxy
- Once you have the design cut, transfer the image to your transfer paper and to your tray
- Pour over epoxy
How simple is that! You can even make these to sell at craft fairs or farmers markets. There is so much you can do with your Cricut! Check out these other amazing projects.