Baby, it’s cold outside, and this Instant Pot Perfect Chili is just what you need to get warmed up. Right now where I live it is 9 degrees… There is no doubt in my mind that this Instant Pot Perfect Chili will come in as a handy meal for the next few days.
Do you know why they call it Chili? I always wondered myself, so as I was making this Instant Pot Perfect Chili, it dawned on me to try and found out. The word is that Chili derives from the Spanish word “chile”, in which the meaning is pepper. Makes a little more sense now. I am sure there is much more to it, but this is the jist. If you know more about why chili is called chili when it is hot, please drop a comment.
None the less, when you live in a place where the cold hurts your face, hot soups and stews are a definite necessity. I like to make a pot big enough to have leftovers for a few days and then to spice things up a bit, (figuratively not literally) I put chili in a baked potato or even a garlic bread bowl, both of course topped with tons of cheese and sour cream.
Instant Pot Perfect Chili is a must on your coldest days, and maybe even for the ones that are not so cold! If you try out this recipe, make sure to post pictures of it in the Instant Pot Recipes and Talk and Sous Vide group on Facebook.
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Franks red hot
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can 15 oz kidney beans undrained
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Shredded cheddar for serving
- Sour Cream For Serving
- Press Sauté button
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and allow to get hot
- Add ground beef, garlic, onions, green pepper
- Once beef has browned, drain and reserve the liquid. Add the remaining olive oil deglaze and put beef back in the pot.
- Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt
- Cook another 5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and reserved liquid from the beef
- Lock on the lid, press manual and cook high pressure for 15 mins
- When you hear the beep, allow to natural release for at least 7 mins and then QR
- Serve with cheese and sour cream