Instant Pot Chili Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken
Tonight was nacho night, I didn’t feel like going out to the store to get anything pre-packaged to season my meat, so I went on a search in my kitchen to see what I had. I saw the limes and knew I had cilantro. So I thought I would create something that turned out delicious!
I made Instant Pot Chili Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken with only what I had in the kitchen, I didn’t have to go out, which made me super happy. I loathe having to go out once I am already in. But the best part is that it made the most amazing Nachos.
I also made fresh Pico De Gallo to top my Instant Pot Chili Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken Nachos and man, oh man it was amazing. I made enough for leftovers, so tomorrow, I will probably eat just the meat and some pico together, I’m going back on keto, wich is rough, but this will make it much better!
This one will go on my list to make often… Thanks for reading and don’t forget to pin!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tbs cilantro
- 1-2 tbs corn starch
- salt to taste
- In a large freezer bag, put in the chicken, lime juice and dry ingredients reserving salt for later
- Close bag and shake and work the mixture to cover the meat
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 mins
- After time is up, pour meat in the pot straight from the bag
- Add 1 cup of water into the bag and shake them pour into the pot
- Close lid and valve
- Cook manual high for 15 mins
- When you hear the beep QR
- Remove meat and shred with 2 forks
- Place meat back into the pot and allow to sit at least 5 minutes to soak up the juices
- Add 1 tbs at a time of the corn starch to the chicken
- Salt to taste
- Eat as is or serve as nachos or tacos