Instant Pot Low Carb Un-Stuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
I love the low carb lifestyle, although I sway back and forth. Not because it is hard but because I don’t prep like I should. Today I made this Instant Pot Low Carb Un-Stuffed Cabbage Roll Soup in an attempt to get back on track. It was great. I replaced the traditional cabbage roll rice with riced cauliflower. Which is an amazing rice substitute due to its subtle taste.
It was great. I replaced the traditional cabbage roll rice with riced cauliflower. Which is an amazing rice substitute due to its subtle taste.
I started this way of life back in may, and with keeping my net carbs right at 20 grams a day, I lost like 25 pounds in about 3 weeks. I waver sometimes as I said just because, I really should be prepping more and the fact that I work in a bar doesn’t help much.
The bar life “fried foods” make it really difficult to stay on track when I don’t bring my own foods to work with me.
Thanks for reading, make sure to check out our group Instant Pot Recipes and Talk and Sous Vide.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- ½ large head of cabbage
- ½ c fresh parsley
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomato
- 2 c cauliflower rice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Press saute and add olive oil
- Add chicken, basil, parsley and garlic
- Saute until the chicken is done turn pot off
- Add cabbage, cauliflower tomato and broth
- Put on and lock lid, make sure the valve is closed
- Press manual, high pressure for 5 minutes then QR
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on or a dollop of sour cream