Keto Avocado Dip
It is time for this mom to start eating healthier and get back into shape. I have recently started learning more, researching, and trying out Keto recipes. In case you didn’t know, Keto is pretty much a low carb high fat diet. Your body will produce more ketones in the liver, therefore giving you a lot more energy than normal. You can’t just decide to one day start eating a Keto diet. A lot of planning has to go into preparing for your first day on the Keto diet.
One thing I love to eat is veggies. Before leaving for work, I can cut up some carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, etc and even pack a bag of pita chips and be ready for work. My veggies were feeling a little naked the other day and I decided that a dip was needed that would compliment the vegetables and still be Keto. My poor avocado was about to turn soft, so it hit me that I should make a Keto Avocado Dip.
My Keto Avocado Dip is perfect for veggies, chips, pita crackers and so much more!! It would also be great to stuff in a chicken breast or serve over rice. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.
Note: The chips are not low carb..
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Cup chopped red onion
- ¼ Cup chopped parsley leaves
- Half lemon
- 1 key lime, as garnish
- Nachos, for serving
- Cut avocados in half and place 3 halves in a bowl.
- Add the chopped onions and the juice from half lemon.
- Use a spoon to mash the avocados and mix the ingredients.
- Add the parsley and keep stirring, until it is evenly combined.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with the key lime.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.