I am a lover of Mexican food and this Mexican Shrimp Bowl is no different. This bowl has it all and will surely fill you up, and you will be the hero of all things dinner!
All of these recipes were a huge hit with my family. I made this Mexican Shrimp Bowl with rice for the kids and they loved it! For mine, I swapped out the rice for cauliflower rice to lower the carbs.
Let me tell you it was amazing, each bite had a huge amount of flavor and the color contrast was also great. I think this dish would be an amazing party dish or even served buffet style for a large gathering.
You could also add a little cilantro to set all of the flavors off perfectly.
If you try this recipe out come back and let me know what you thought, and don’t forget to follow me on social media and also subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss a thing.
- 2 Cups cooked rice
- ½ Cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ Cup parsley leaves
- 3 Tbsps yogurt
- ½ Cup lemon juice
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Pound shrimp
- 3 Tbsps butter
- 2 Tsps parsley
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium-high heat, mix the butter, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder, and ¼ cup lemon juice.
- Add the shrimps and cook until done (about 5 minutes)
- Fill the bowls with the rice, add the shrimp and the cabbage, half avocado per bowl, lemon wedges and some parsley.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining lemon juice with the yogurt a pinch of salt and some pepper and drizzle over.
- Serve and enjoy.