Cauliflower Tots Recipe
I recently started the journey to lose some of this extra weight. My goal is to lose at least 30 pounds. All I keep thinking is , damn that’s a lot. I was always super skinny until I started having kids and then boom with each one. I love my baby’s, but they did a hell of a job on my body.
After talking to a friend who is doing a low carb diet, I decided to give it a shot. With that said, I am now trying out new foods and recipes, to stay on the low carb side.
I never thought that I would be able to give up bread and pasta, but there are so many alternatives that are lower carb like this recipe for Cucumber Noodles + Spicy Sesame Soy Dressing or this Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks.
After seeing all of these options I decided to try some myself. Here is one of these, These Cauliflower Tots are amazing, I used no eggs or breadcrumbs, as to lowered the carbs more.
These turned out to be the perfect, “I need a snack” item. Check out the recipe below, and come back and let me know what you thought.
- 1/2 cup low fat Cheddar
- 1/4 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 1/2 head large Cauliflower (ground and steamed)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed).
- /2 Tbsp water and set aside, (this is your egg).
- Mix all remaining ingredients together.
- The remaining flax meal serves as bread crumbs.
- Add in the “flax egg” and mix well.
- Take about 1 1/2 T of the mixture and form into the tater tot shape and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 15.
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!