Cricut Print and Cut is probably 1 of the hardest things to wrap our heads around. I am always looking for new ways to make my print and cut images to look better.
So I have compiled a list of Cricut Print and Cut Tips And Tricks To Getting Brighter More Vibrant Colors.
If you look at the image below, then the one immediately following it you can see a clear difference in brightness.
The first thing I always so when comes to printing your images, is you need to make sure that your printer is up for the job.
My favorite has always used the Epson family of printers.
Cricut Print and Cut Tips And Tricks To Getting Brighter More Vibrant Colors
The Right Home Printer
I currently have an Epson Workforce Wireless Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer that I love! But this one is my sublimation printer.
The printer I use when I am using the Cricut print then cut feature is an Epson ET-2750 EcoTank.
Let me tell you a little bit about why I love my Epson ET-2750 EcoTank.
- There are no cartridges to fuss with.
- You get the equivalent of about 30 ink cartridges right in the box!
- It can be used wirelessly, so from your iPad, Phone or computer.
- The refill ink isn't very expensive considering how many prints you can get.
The Right Material for Your Cricut Print and Cut Projects
Print then cut is for way more than iron on vinyl, I'm not going to spend too much time on them. I will just touch on the different materials and what to look for when purchasing.
1. Card Making and other paper crafts: I look for high quality bright paper, when I am doing invitations I use this, I want to maximize my brightness my using the right paper for my printable image.
Bet this answers the question do vinyl cutters cut paper/cardstock.
2. Stickers and Printable Decals: Same thing here, you want to go for a better quality of paper, I have tested and tried a few.
3. For my iron on print then cut projects, I always use transfers for darks, the material is softer and more vibrant naturally.
More Vibrant Cricut Print and Cut
When I was filling this customers order, I had gotten all the print then cut files pressed to the adult shirts using my heat press.
When I came to the baby onesie, it didn't make sense to use the large press, and those of you who have tried know it doesn't work well at all.
So I pulled out my trusty 6x7 EasyPress 2 to press it.
It was totally by accident that I discovered this.
When I pressed the onesie and then laid it with the others, the image was so dull and not at all vibrant on all of the adult shirts.
So I went back and pressed all of them with the EasyPress to make the color pop more.
Printing Larger Than 9.25 x 6.75
Did you know that there is a little hack that allows you to make a full page print then cut?
Check out this awesome print and cut tip here on this post Full Page Cricut Print and Cut Hack.
I hope these tips help you on your Cricut Project adventures, I know that I use them all the time.