Fermented Strawberry Lemon-aid Soda
I decided to make this Fermented Strawberry Lemon-aid Soda. This fermented soda was surprisingly easy to make, and it tastes delicious.
Fermented Strawberry Lemon-aid Soda is a healthy alternative to bottled sodas. You know exactly what’s going into these, and you don’t have all of the additives of traditional soda.
Check out the recipe below and try it out, there are so many fruit varieties you can make with this… I would love to see what you came up with. I used bottles like these here. I was able to get 2 bottles from this recipe.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whey made from straining your homemade yogurt
- 1 cup of Splenda
- Bring water to a boil
- Add fruit and sugar
- Once boiling, muddle or mash strawberries and lower to a simmer
- Allow to simmer 20 to 30 <g class="gr_ gr_297 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="297" data-gr-id="297">minuites</g>
- Remove from heat and strain into a bowl
- Add whey and stir
- <g class="gr_ gr_298 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="298" data-gr-id="298">Devide</g> into airtight containers (see above for botteling ideas)
- Store at room temperature for 3 to 5 days... (you can leave it up to 10 days) testing the fizziness and flavor after the 3rd day
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!