Can you believe that before we know it, school will be back in session and so many kids will be starting their first day of kindergarten? Making that first day memorable with a great outfit is easy with these Free SVG Files For Cricut Design Space. Pictures taken with this cool gear, we can look back on and smile as we watch our children grow right before our eyes. The hardest is the first day of kindergarten and senior year in my eyes. Those are two most significant milestones that I try hard to make the most of it.
First Day Of Kindergarten: Plus Free SVG Files For Cricut Design Space
I love making shirts for the first day of kindergarten for my kids to wear. It is like baking homemade cupcakes on their birthdays; it just makes it extra special. Today, I wanted to share a girl and boy design that you can print out and use to make a vinyl shirt to welcome your kids into their first day of kindergarten in style! Making your own shirts with unique designs like these two below are so simple! It doesn’t take much to do, thanks to your handy Cricut machine!
If you don’t own a Cricut, I recommend it! You can make homemade cards, fun vinyl for shirts, home decor pieces and so much more. It is one of my favorite crafting gadgets. I have had so much fun with it. Plus you can even make and sell items you create using your Cricut which is even more fun.
How To Make Your First Day of Kindergarten Shirts
These shirts can be saved in a chest to have your kids look back on years down the road when they are grown and moved out of the home. For the girls, it says, “Kindergarten Princess Class Of and then the year” Then the boys is Kindergarten Prince Class of and then the year.” You pick your design, download the file, then upload it to your Cricut Design Space.
Tweak it with color, names, years, etc., and then size it to fit the shirt size you are using. Load your vinyl and let the Cricut do its magic and cut out the perfect design. Then just weed the design on your shirt or even bag, and place it wrong side down. Then with some heat apply and remove it.
So simple but in minutes you have a unique one of a kind shirt for your child to stand out from the crowd.
Note: These files are for personal use only, pleas use the contact form to inquire about a commercial use license.
- Download the zip file that contains the svg files you want below.
- Upload the svg file into Cricut Design Space.
- And change the colors to how you want to cut.
- Add any names, or extras to the design.
- Resize to fit your shirt, or whatever you will be putting the design on.
- Place vinyl on the mat and load into your machine.
- If you are using HTV don’t forget to mirror your image.
- Set your Cricut dial to cut the material you are using, I like to use vinyl + for HTV.
- Press cut, allow the machine to cut the material.
- Unload from the machine.
- Weed the design to get rid of everything but your design.
- Place the weeded design on your shirt, bag or whatever you are using, the wrong side down and using a heat press or easy press, press the design down.
- Remove the clear backing, and now you have a brand new shirt for the first day of kindergarten.
5 Ways We Make The First Day of Kindergarten Special
The first day of kindergarten is always the most special. It is the first of many years of learning. I love to make my kiddo’s first day to school extra special to get them excited for the new year. Here are a few ways I go out of my way to make them know it is going to be an epic year.
- Take pictures with of course my homemade shirts to capture this special moment.
- Make a homemade breakfast that is their favorite to eat.
- Have a fun first day of school sign we make and use to take pictures with.
- Write a note and put in their lunchbox.
- Have a small present or two for them to open for the new school year. Generally fun item like a book bag, school supplies, etc.
While you’re here, check these out too.
How do you make your child’s back to school extra special?
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!