My family loves cheesecake. My Grammie made this a staple of any holiday gathering. We would have plain or cherry. There has always been something I hated about the cherries from the can. Not sure what it was but I hated it, so I would always eat the plain one.
Now as an adult, I can put whatever I want into, on and around it. Well only because she taught me the main part. This Fluffy Butterfinger Cheesecake Recipe came out amazing, and the only thing tat came from a box was the “crust”.
I ate a piece and of all the kids my son was the only one home, so I left a piece for him. I took the rest to work. Within about 15 minutes there were only crumbs left, and the bartender for the night was quite upset that she didn’t get any. I’m going to make it up to her with some cheesecake bars, not sure what variety I’m going to use in them, but I can guarantee they will have tons of chocolate and caramel in them!
Check out the video, try the recipe and subscribe to my newsletter right there on your right and come back and let me know what you think!
- 1 devils food box cake
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- For filling
- 4 8 oz boxes of cream cheese (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of whipped cream (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix box cake, 1 egg and vegetable oil until it looks kind of like dirt.
- Spray pie pans.
- Press half of the mixture into pie pan, going up the sides as far as you can.
- Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add 1 egg at a time, mixing it in, in between each egg.
- Mix in whipped cream, mix till smooth.
- Add half of the cream cheese mixture to the pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes.