I remember being a kid and my grandmother making us oatmeal in the winter months. She would give us a piece of warm toast with apple jam on it. If you have never made your own apple jam then you need to check out and try this recipe for yourself, it’s really easy! Don’t forget to pin it so you can easily find it.
- You will need:
- 6 large crisp apples
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 1 Box of Pectin
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tbs of cinnamon
- 4 8 oz mason jars or 8 4oz jars
- Peel and finely chop apples.
- a large sauce pan place apples.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and apple cider.
- Over a medium heat let fruit cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once fruit comes to a boil add one package of fruit pectin.
- Stir fruit so it does not stick. Continue cooking over a medium heat until sauce becomes thick.
- I do not like chunks in my jam if you do not want any fruit chunks.Use a potato masher and mash the left fruit chunks or pour into your food processor place on pulse for 1 minute.
- With a ladle pour into 4 8oz mason jars or 8 4oz jars.
- Place the lids and rings on each jar make sure they are tight and push the lid down.
- Place in the fridge. Let cool for 1-2 hours.
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!