Instant Pot Jambalaya
More and more I have been trying to make hearty, filling meals for my family. Meals that I know they will love and get full eating. Tonight for dinner we had Instant Pot Jambalaya. I know I am always raving about my Instant Pot but man it has changed my life in so many ways!
I am cooking nearly every day, sometimes multiple things. In 3 hours I will have made 3 sometimes 4 meals and dessert for my kids. All with very little clean up. This Instant Pot Jambalaya was no different, this took me maybe at the most 45 minutes.
The end result was amazing, not to toot my own horn, but my Instant Pot Jambalaya tasted like something right out of a restaurant. My oldest loved it and wants to learn how to make it.
Everything in the instant pot has been super easy, even this Instant Pot Jambalaya. Note: I made this happen in the 6 quart but I could have definitely used the extra room of the 8 quart.
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1½ lbs andouille sausages, sliced
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ lbs raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 tsp Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c celery
- 2 c long grain white rice
- 20 oz can of tomatoes, undrained
- 3 c chicken broth
- Press saute and add chicken, sausage & shrimp.
- Stir to mix
- Sprinkle meats with half of the Bay seasoning, thyme and paprika.
- Cook for 3 - 5 mins, stirring frequently.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic, peppers, and celery with remaining bay seasoning, thyme & paprika.
- Cook 1 - 2 mins.
- Combine meats, rice, tomatoes and broth secure cover & bring to high pressure.
- Press manual high pressure and set time to 15 minutes, NR for 10 minutes release remaining pressure.
- Turn off your pot and allow to sit with the lid on for 5 minutes.