We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
So, my niece is having her first baby, and I am super excited. I have given myself a cute lil name, its GA for great aunt.
And I just want to make all the things, I have plans for a onesie table for the shower, and cute shower invitations and so much more! I started with this Milestone Blanket.
How To Make A Baby Milestone Blanket
I used the Cricut EasyPress to make this baby milestone blanket and it was so super easy to do!
Using the EasyPress 2 made it easy to place everything and then press without the hassle of having to move your material around and ending up readjusting your pieces.
The 9×9 Press gave me more of the heated plate so I could press a larger area at a time.
So if you haven’t checked them you, you definitely should look into it for all your Heat Press needs. Especially if you don’t have the room for a traditional heat press. These are the answer.
Supplies needed for the milestone blanket are
- Baby Blanket (I used this one)
- EasyPress 2
- Glitter Iron-on
- Printable Vinyl
- Cricut Chipboard
- Iron on Vinyl
The beauty of a project like this is you can personalize it however you want, put trucks or baseballs for a little boy, or make it gender-neutral by adding a favorite character to it, the possibilities are endless..
Our baby shower is shades of purple, we are doing a royalty theme, I plan on doing some Giant Paper Flowers also.
The whole time I was planning this project I had an image in my head of how I wanted this baby milestone blanket to look. I totally exceeded my own expectations here.
Most of the design was created using design space and the Cricut Access fonts. I used images from Adobe Stock, totally worth the cost if you do a lot of custom design. I edited the images in Adobe Illustrator.
The ring is just 2 pieces of chipboard that I hot glued together and then pressed a piece of iron-on vinyl to them.
How To Make a Baby Milestone Blanket with the EasyPress 2
It was kind of hard to get the vinyl to stick, but I was able to work it out so you couldn’t see the flaws because I also added paper roses to it.
The blanket is the perfect size for a new baby up to 1-year-old. And the EasyPress 2 is the perfect way to customize all the little things you want to make.
Setting your blanket up to press is really easy too. All you have to do is:
- Create your design in Design Space
- Resize for the project
- Cut All of Your Items
- Lay the blanket out flat on a towel or sheet
- Weed all of your items (and rolling your paper flowers if you used them)
- Preheat the easy press
- Place all items where you want them on the blanket
- Using the recommended settings for your EasyPress (find them here) Preheat the press
- Press items down and press everything in place
- Flip and press again using the recommended settings
Doesn’t that sound super simple!? Because it is. I can see so many projects that I want to try with the easy press.
A little more about the EasyPress 2
- Professional iron-on results in 60 seconds or less
- Advanced heat plate design with ceramic-coated surface
- Precise temperature control up to 400℉ (205°C)
- Easy to learn, simple to use
- Insulated Safety Base and auto-shutoff feature
- Lightweight, portable, easy to store
- Compatible with most major brands of iron-on material
- A perfect complement to Cricut smart cutting machines
The fact that it combines the speed of a heat press but the convenience of an iron makes it that much better. The EasyPress 2 is amazing whether you are a seasoned Cricut Maker or just starting out.