How To Make A Baby Milestone Blanket
I used the Cricut EasyPress to make this baby milestone blanket and it was so super easy to do!
Using the EasyPress 2 made it easy to place everything and then press without the hassle of having to move your material around and ending up readjusting your pieces.
The 9×9 Press gave me more of the heated plate so I could press a larger area at a time.
Enter The Giveaway Below
I love the mobility of the EasyPress when making things like this milestone blanket. My small 6 by 7 EasyPress makes things like onesies and bibs a breeze.
Don't Leave Today Without Checking Out All The Amazing SVGs Available Click Here
So if you haven’t checked them you, you definitely should look into it for all your Heat Press needs. Especially if you don’t have the room for a traditional heat press. These are the answer.
Supplies needed for the milestone blanket are
- Blanket (I used this one)
- EasyPress 2 Enter to win one below
- Glitter Iron on
- Printable Vinyl
- Cricut Chipboard
- Iron on Vinyl
The beauty of a project like this is you can personalize it however you want, put trucks or baseballs for a little boy, or make it gender neutral by adding a favorite character to it, the possibilities are endless..
Our baby shower is shades of purple, we are doing a royalty theme, I plan on doing some Giant Paper Flowers also.
The whole time I was planning this project I had an image in my head of how I wanted this baby milestone blanket to look. I totally exceeded my own expectations here.
Most of the design was created using design space and the Cricut Acess fonts. I used images from Adobe Stock, totally worth the cost if you do a lot of custom design. I edited the images in Adobe Illustrator.
The ring is just 2 pieces of chipboard that I hot glued together and then pressed a piece of iron on vinyl to.
Baby Milestone Blanket
It was kind of hard to get the vinyl to stick, but I was able to work it out so you couldn’t see the flaws because I also added paper roses to it.
The blanket is the perfect size for a new baby up to 1-year-old. And the EasyPress 2 is the perfect way to customize all the little things you want to make.
Setting your blanket up to press is really easy too.
- Create your design in Design Space
- Cut All of Your Items
- Lay the blanket out flat on a towel or sheet
- Weed all of your items (and rolling your paper flowers if you used them)
- Preheat the easy press
- Place all items where you want them on the blanket
- Using the recommended settings for your EasyPress (find them here) Preheat the press
- Press items down and press everything in place
- Flip and press again using the recommended settings
Doesn’t that sound super simple!? Because it is. I can see so many projects that I want to try with the easy press.
A little more about the EasyPress 2
- Professional iron-on results in 60 seconds or less
- Advanced heat plate design with ceramic-coated surface
- Precise temperature control up to 400℉ (205°C)
- Easy to learn, simple to use
- Insulated Safety Base and auto-shutoff feature
- Lightweight, portable, easy to store
- Compatible with most major brands of iron-on material
- A perfect complement to Cricut smart cutting machines
The fact that it combines the speed of a heat press but the convenience of an iron makes it that much better. The EasyPress 2 is amazing whether you are a seasoned Cricut Maker or just starting out.
And Guess what! We are giving one away! You can enter to win below.