Red Cream Soda Cup Cakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
If I told you these cupcakes only have 2 ingredients, would you believe me? I wouldn’t if I hadn’t made them myself, all it took was a box of cake mix and a can of soda.
When I first learned about soda cakes, I was quite leery, I mean the box instructions have you adding 3 to 4 extra ingredients. So my thought is how in the world can I just mix in one can of soda and have a cupcake as delicious as homemade.
I decided to try anyway, and let me tell you I was more than excited about the results. They were so moist and delicious. They pretty much melted in my mouth.
I would have never imagined a can of soda would make a cake so moist. I will for sure be making these again, and even trying some different sodas.
If you try out this recipe, I would love to know what soda you use, even email me with your photos!
- For Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can Barqs red cream soda
- For Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 bar of cream cheese 8 oz softened
- 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl mix cake mix and cream soda till smooth
- Fill cupcake cups 3/4 of the way full with the mix
- Bake for 15 minutes
- While the cupcakes are baking, put all the frosting ingredients into a bowl
- Mix with a hand mixer on medium until smooth
- If it seems runny, place in the freezer for about 15 minutes
- Remove cupcakes and allow them to cool at least 5 minutes before frosting.
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!