We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love this easy recipe for chocolate peanut butter rice krispy treats. They’re simple to make, but the flavor is so complex and fun–like a candy bar you didn’t know you needed. Ha!
You just make your rice krispies like normal (well, mostly like normal) and then you toss on those peanuts and caramel and chocolate. Just so good, you can’t resist.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
And, in case you can’t see it in the photos, there’s definitely a nice, thick layer of peanut butter and caramel hiding in there to help hold together the peanuts. I mean, are you drooling yet?!
Because caramel and chocolate? Peanut butter and peanuts?
All topping rice krispies treats? So, so good.
What You Need to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1 cup of salted peanuts
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
Tips to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
Ok. So I have learned a few things about making rice krispies treats while making these. Good news for you, I’m willing to share so you don’t have to fumble through each problem I had.
- Work your butter and marshmallows over medium low heat. Get it too hot and they’ll scorch. Stir until completely melted in the sauce pan–like seriously keep stirring constantly.
- Don’t bother putting corn syrup in it–it will not help hold anything together better than the marshmallows–don’t ask why I was experimenting with it.
- You can melt the butter and stir in your peanut butter–or just make a layer of peanut butter like I did. But don’t try to add the peanut butter after you’ve added the marshmallows. It’s going to get gloppy and weird.
- Definitely line your baking sheet with wax paper and maybe even lightly spray with cooking spray, to make sure that you can get nice, clean squares. And let the treats cool to room temperature before you try to cut it–there can not be clean squares with warm krispies.
- To add a tiny bit more flavor, you can add a dash of sea salt and vanilla extract–you know, just for a different vibe.
Now, one thing that I like to do is find yummy recipes and then promptly lose them because I get distracted and wander off. Then I’m all sorts of sad that I don’t have the yumminess and I can’t find it.
So if you don’t want to be like me, be sure to pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on pinterest, that way you can find it again quick in that moment when you’re ready for this drool-worthy treat.
Check out these yummy treats too!
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- 50 Apple Recipes That Will Make You Want To Buy An Apple Orchard
- Homemade Apple Jam Recipe