Conversation With The Airy-Mae and Homemade Buttermilk Instant Pancake Mix
My 7 year old Ariy-Mae and I were in the car on our way to the gas station today. Out of the blue, she says “Mommy, how much money do you get each week?” Now don’t get me wrong, she is a super smart kid, but naturally, I think, someone sent her to ask this question. So I say to her “Why are you asking me this” she completely ignored my question and said “Is it $20”
At this point, I am giggling to myself thinking what grown person, put my cute little girl up to ask me about how much money I make. I ask again, “Why are you asking me this” very quietly she says “Well I want hot dogs and ribs for dinner. I just bust out laughing. She has way too much personality to be 7.
Homemade Buttermilk Instant Pancake Mix
Needless to say, she got neither. For dinner we had pancakes. I used all purpose flour, buttermilk powder (you can get it here at Amazon), and a few other ingredients and it turned out great. Way better than any store bought instant mix, and I haven’t looked into it but it has to have way less of the unknown ingredients than the store bought stuff.
The recipe only has 5 ingredients and 1 serving makes 5 to 6 of the fluffiest pancakes I have ever eaten. They were Ariy-May approved, always a plus, because although I was a fan, she wasn’t when it came to my Low Carb Almond Flour Pancakes.
You will need some airtight containers, you want to keep any and all moisture out. I got the ones I used to store my Homemade Buttermilk Instant Pancake Mix at Walmart and stored it in the 3-quart container.
My goal is to make up as many of my own “mixes” as possible, I love food so this is my idea of eating healthy lol. This is my second post, the first one was this Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning. I need to make more of that up tonight too.
Next time I go out, I will get some sticker paper, to make a label to show how to mix it, this time I just used a small piece of paper, the teenagers love to make pancakes so I had to make sure this Homemade Buttermilk Instant Pancake Mix was easy for them to mix.
Try out the recipe and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading.
- 6 1/3 c <g class="gr_ gr_2298 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="2298" data-gr-id="2298">all purpose</g> flour unbleached
- 1 1/3 c dry buttermilk see post for where to buy
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1/3 c sugar I used <g class="gr_ gr_2299 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="2299" data-gr-id="2299">splenda</g>
- 2 c water
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, I whisked it all together until I thought it was mixed well. About 2 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make pancakes use
- c mix
- c water
- Cook in a hot skillet or griddle as you normally would. For thinner pancakes use a little more water.
Makes around 40 pancakes give or take.