Easy Not Your Fathers Rootbeer Cupcakes
Who would have thought that you can make delicious and moist cupcakes with a bottle of hard soda! I did!! This right here is the Queen of soda cakes. These Not Your Fathers Rootbeer Cupcakes are so easy you won’t believe how good they are. So moist they just about melt in your mouth. Topped with your favorite frosting they are something like a unicorn sighting, nothing less than amazing.
There are so many soda cake recipes floating around (I actually did one myself, you can see it here, also delish!) I figured, now why can’t I do the same thing with hard soda.
So, I planned a trip to the liquor store for a 6 pack of Not Your Fathers Rootbeer for this wonderful idea that I needed to get out of my head. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, come back and let me know what you think!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 12 oz bottle of hard root beer.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl mix cake mix and rootbeer till smooth
- Fill cupcake cups 3/4 of the way full with cupcake mix
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove cupcakes and allow them to cool at least 5 minutes before frosting.
- Frost using your favorite icing. I like buttercream.