I’m going, to be honest, this Instant Pot Keto Chicken Salad recipe is easily the best chicken salad I’ve ever made. It’s tender, juicy, mouthwateringly good and, the best part–I don’t have to break my diet to enjoy it.
Does it ever really get better than that? I mean, seriously, I love a good chicken salad or tuna salad for lunch, so having this is kind of a treat–and I don’t miss at all having a chicken salad sandwich. Because this served as a lettuce wrap?
Fan. Freaking. Tastic.
Instant Pot Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
I think that one of the other “best parts” of this chicken salad is how quickly it comes together.
Once the chicken is cooked (which is no time at all) and then I’m on to the actual prep, well, it’s just a couple of minutes. Less than 20 minutes of work time and even tastier than using a rotisserie chicken for your base.
It’s the pickle flavor, the celery seed and the juicy chicken that really does it for me. I could have this for lunch every day and not ever get bored.
I like to eat it like a dip with a cauliflower chip or just with a fork–or rolled up in a leaf of lettuce. So versatile and you can make it so fast.
And I know there’s some debate as to whether or not pickles are really a Keto diet food, but I’m in the camp that they ARE. So, pickles are Keto-friendly, and can absolutely be enjoyed as part of this awesome dish.
What You Need to Make Instant Pot Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (frozen)
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bullion (my favorite gluten-free chicken seasoning)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 whole Pickles
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Salad
So, if you want the detailed instructions, nutrition facts and info on the net carbs for this awesome Keto meal prepping recipe, keep scrolling, but if you want some tips to make Instant Pot Keto Chicken Salad the easiest way possible, you’re going to pause here and read for a second.
- If you like a richer, juicier chicken, use chicken thighs. But if you’re in for a lighter chicken salad, with less deep notes of chicken flavor, go for chicken breast.
- I like to use a homemade Keto mayonnaise, but you can use just a dab of regular mayonnaise (or even greek yogurt, if necessary) for flavor and pickle juice to moisten the chicken salad a little more. I’ll try to share my Keto mayonnaise recipe soon.
- When you’re ready to shred your chicken, I love a tip I learned from a friend–just use your hand mixer. Literally shreds the chicken into bits in seconds flat!
- Do not skip the celery seed. Let me repeat: Use the celery seed. It’s going to make your chicken salad POP! Salt and pepper are great and all, but celery seed is the bomb.
- You can add a splash of lemon juice if you like, but it’s not necessary to bring flavor to this low carb chicken salad recipe. It’s so full of flavor already, you won’t even feel like you’re eating a low carb diet, honestly.
So, let’s get to the meat of the matter and, be sure to pin this to your favorite Instant Pot recipes board, so you can find it again fast when you’re craving some homemade chicken salad.
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken and Tomato Basil Pesto
- Instant Pot Keto Cauliflower Chicken & Herbs
- Mini Keto Chocolate Cake in The Instant Pot