We absolutely adore easy pasta dishes and of course our Instant Pot. Pasta is filling, not to mention amazing, and it is something that the pickiest of eaters even enjoy. This Instant Pot Mozzarella Tomato Basil Pasta turned out great and everyone loved the flavors. This turned out to be a really easy tomato pasta recipe. If you are looking for an awesome Instant Pot pasta recipe, this is it!
Instant Pot Mozzarella Tomato Basil Pasta
I love that with my Instant Pot Pressure cooker I can create meals from almost nothing. So many think that a pasta recipe is difficult in the Instant Pot, it is really actually very easy. My rule is to do about half the cook time on the box and then quick release.
Take this Instant Pot Mozzarella Tomato Basil Pasta, for example, I literally went and looked to see what I had and used that to think about what I could create. And it was gold! So simple to just make up something when you are using pasta!
Tomato Basil Pasta
My youngest had been asking me to make spaghetti, so she was super excited by the fact that it smelled like spaghetti, but not so much once she saw the rotini noodles, until she tasted it. She looked at me with the most surprised look on her face and said, “Mommy it’s good!”
This Instant Pot Mozzarella Tomato Basil Pasta is right up on the list to make for her again right along with these and these! Thanks for stopping by, make sure to check me out on Facebook so you never miss an amazing recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces of mozzarella
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Press saute allow to heat for a minute, add olive oil
- When oil is hot add ground beef and sausage
- Cook meats, continuously chopping...
- Once meat starts to brown, add in salt, garlic, and basil
- Cook meats thoroughly
- When meat is done, add tomato sauce, pasta, and chicken broth
- Place on lid, and cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes then QR
- Remove lid add <g class="gr_ gr_171 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar replaceWithoutSep" id="171" data-gr-id="171">in</g> a half cup of the cheese and all of the heavy cream
- Stir in well
- Transfer into a casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese
- You can allow the heat from the dish to melt the cheese or sit under the broiler for about 2 minutes
- Now enjoy
Subscribe to my email and grab some great freebies
Sign up to subscribe and then make sure to confirm your email to snag your 4 awesome free printables.
Plus you don't want to miss any great posts!