Mini Molded Chocolate Glazed Cakes Recipe!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- Chocolate glaze
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 20 strawberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini cake molds.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla then flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, until well combined. Fold in chopped chocolate. Fill molds half-full.
- Bake for 12-15minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Cool cakes for 10 minutes then turn cakes onto rack; cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze. Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Place chocolate in a medium-size bowl; pour hot cream over top. Stir until smooth.
- Place cooled cakes flat-side down, on wire rack. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate over each cake. and press chopped chocolate onto still soft chocolate for decoration.
- Dip strawberries half in chocolate and let harden.